Thursday, December 8, 2011

Never Hide Your Light

I just posted on Facebook tonight......Never hide your light. I suppose I was speaking in general, as it applies to us all. Never hide your light. Never hide your gifts. Be appreciative of your gifts. We all have so much to offer the world....and on a smaller scale...each other...yet we miss so many opportunities to do just that, out of fear or doubt, or even out of the simple act of letting your disappointing day get to you, and your eyes are full of your own issues, and you might fail to see a perfect change for reaching out to someone else with your gifts.

You are armed with them....these gifts you were bestowed at birth. We all have different gifts, yet for various reasons we may choose not to use them....in others words...to hide our light. In my opinion, because I was so unaware of my own light for so long...I think it's the greatest crime you can commit! I say I was unaware, and not hiding my gifts because that was the way of it for many years. I was told I had none, and sadly, I believed it for a very long time. I listened to one negative voice and let it dictate my own feelings on my own gifts. I let that voice become my God...allowing it more power over me than anyone elses. Yet, that voice was wrong. My resonsibility in all that was that I let that voice live longer than it should have. I will NEVER do that again, and I won't allow my friends do that to themselves, not if I can help it. It is a great injustice....and deprives the world of beauty and a chance at becoming a better place. We each play a crucial role in the development of the future world that our children and grandchildren will inhabit. The web is intricate, and we have a very precise place in that....we may not see the whole picture, yet we are a huge part of that plan. Therefore, to do any less than let our light shine is an injustice, a crime against the future!

Leave your fears behind. Life is too short...time flies too quickly and we have no time for fear. Live. Live like there is no tomorrow.......shine like the brightest star and do your part. Show the world what you are made of. No one can DO YOU better than YOU. You were given the part of you in this great performance of life because it was decided that no one could do it better than you.

Don't hide your light and give a shabby performance. Do your best....break a leg!

No comments:

Post a Comment