Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Getting "IT" Back

I have to admit, it's been a while since I've written any of my snippets and I hear them calling to me. I have been writing...just writing whatever, gibberish really, just to get back into the habit of actually writing. Writing ANYTHING. I want Evelyn and Percy to have a voice, to have a life, to have an ending. I don't want them to die prematurely, to have their story end before it even started! In a way they feel real to me, and I feel an obligation to keep them growing and moving forward. They are an extension of me, rather like my children, and I want to see them grow up well, like any parent would. So, here I am writing and writing, anything and everything to get "it" back, to warm up, so to speak. I've been writing on my lunch hour at work, just pages and pages of writing that gets shredded, but that I feel is helping me to change my routine and get writing again. That feeling you get when you are on to something while writing....it's priceless!! I want to feel that again, the excitement and thrill of it. It's like having a baby...bringing something to life that wasn't there before. It's a blank canvas that only I can fill.

I am certainly thrilled to be reviewing for the ABNA again, which is so exciting to me. I enjoy it very much, but I think next year, someone should be reviewing MY work instead. I hope that I can make that a reality, because if I am honest with myself, no one can make that happen except for me. If I want something, I am responsible to make it happen. A book doesn't fall out of the sky into the lap of the author, there is some serious dedication and commitment involved. I have to dig deep here. I hope it's there, waiting for me.

Is there a Patron Saint of writers? A Goddess for the creative mind? If so....I ask that they help me to find my way back so that I can create the life I've dreamed of.


No comments:

Post a Comment